Wednesday 7 September 2011

EX Warriors of Calcio Storico Fiorentino


Since it's beginnings this glorious game was played firstly by the Roman soldiers that founded Florence and then by nobles and aristocrats and gentry of the most known and powerful families of Florence. It is a game of honour and pride, where each of the 54 players (27 on each side ) play and battle for their "neighbourhood" to win the coveted " Chianina"  ( a symbolic prize of the region's most famous cattle).
In the last 30 or so year's the Calcio Storico has had it's share of glorious warriors who were just everyday people with a normal job who played in honour of their colour. Today I want to share some photo's with you of these great players, with a special dedication to my brother- in law, Andrea Venturi  aka " Il Ruspa " who is no longer with us.
I want to start with my personal favourite " LEGEND " my daughter Sasha who was mascot of the      "Bianchi" team in 1993 !

Sasha

Sasha with her father Romano aka " Bacchiolo "
Bacchiolo
I Ruspa


Ugo Poggi


The Leggendary Whites!
Bambino, Montuori, Tartaro, Poggi, Vannacci, Morfetta, Dondoli, Cimitero, Bartolini, Fantechi, Agresti, Lanciotto, Scalabrino, Landi, Nigi, Quarti, Ciulli, Dapas, Foffo, Dapassino, Rouge, Mscherini, Venturini, Catorci.... Coach Berlincioni


Zena ( still playing )
Bonfi ( still playing )

Scoma

Naldoni, Zorro, Romano, Leonardo Tigre

Massimo Nardi, Franco Prosperi

1972 Reds

I Lapi ( still playing ) , Romano

Maurizio Barni ( current coach of the Bianchi )

I Bestia ( still playing )

Mafara, Serra ( still playing )

Claidio Naldoni

I Carli ( still playing )

I Prosperi

Andrea ricci , ?

I Caiani, I Nigi

Nigi, Ruspa, Agresti, Venturi

Nardi, Bacchiolo, Paolo Nelli, I Bonfi

Venturini, Manetti

1930's Bianchi

Vannucci, Bambino, Fantechi, Quercioli, Agresti

I RUSPA

I Ruspino ( still playing )

Massimo Parisi
I Pussi
Gianluca Lapi, Fabrizio Paoletti
Gianni Bartolini
Spiro bassi
Roberto Caiani, Roberto Rangoni
Fabrizio paoletti
Spiro Bassi, Jimmy Carli, Antonio Scoma, Gianpiero Solerti
Andrea bartolini

Neri, Naldoni, Bacchiolo, Nelli, Querci, Guscelli




As I stated in an earlier post, I'm an avid supporter of the Bianchi, hence the majority of photos of this great team.
If any of you have any photos of the other colours that you would like included, by all means let me know.

FORZA BIANCHI!!!  VIVA FIORENZA !!!!

2 comments:

  1. Will you take photos from a green player from 1984. i am the scotsman who played from 1980 until 1992 I love calcio storico it is my passion if God ever invented a perfect game it is Calcio Storico I am humbled and proud to have been in the company of everbody involved but if you cut me my blood will run Green. I verdi sempre

    Clive Delamain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most certainly will.... You will have played with 2 of my husband's greatest friends. Franco Prosperi and Gianluca Lapi. This year will be Verdi V Bianchi.. I obviously will be going for the Bianchi team... I wish ur team luck!!! may the best team win. Forza Bianchi Sempre!!!! VIVA FIORENZA

    ReplyDelete